A 15 foot power cable is included with the video projector. You may want to have an extra extension cord available depending on how high up, and how far the nearest electrical outlet is.
What you'll need to rent to create a wedding slide show:
Eliminator UV (rent for $17/each):
These blacklights do a great job for the cheapest price. They have a digital display which makes using them very easy to use. All you have to do is plug them in. For advanced users, DMX settings are available through the digital display. Rent 1 light for about every 4-8 feet you want to glow with ultraviolet light.
LED Shadow (rent for $27/each):
This is the brightest and most powerful UV light we have available for rent. Since its a little larger, it spreads the light a bit further then the other options. 1 light for about every 6-12 feet is recommended to get the full effect. The disadvantage to these is they have the older style dip switches for settings, but since the only options are basically "on" or "strobe", then its not that much of a problem (we will have them default to "on" for you when they arrive.)
Hex 3 (rent for $24/each):
These lights give you the most options because not only do they have a UV bulb to get the black light effect, they also have colors. 63 different color settings come with these lights. So if you get bored of the blacklight and want to switch to blue, red, pink, purple, or any of the other colors, its a simple button to push to make it happen. Digital display plus built-in programs make these a really great option for your black light party. 1 Hex 3 light about every 6-12 feet will work out good.
How renting black lights work
1. Select one of the 3 different black lights listed above. Then click "rent now" on the following page. You'll get a pop-up if you haven't started a quote yet which will ask you for the date of your party as well as how many you want to rent. This will check our inventory system and make sure we have them available. If the black lights are available, a quote will be created for you. From your quote, you can add other types of party lights you might want to rent, or just click the "Make your reservation" button to continue.
2. Fill out the Rental Agreement and pay the deposit. The deposit amount depends on which black lights you select to rent. It will tell you the deposit amount in the Payment Schedule section of the quote, and also on the Rental Agreement.
3. Black lights are guaranteed to arrive at least 2 days prior to your party date. The shipping is free!
4. Set them up at your party. Ideally they look best when they are hanging from lighting stands. If you don't have anything like that, then you can just set them on a table or even on the floor using the brackets which are provided. If you put them on a floor, point them up and set them against a wall for a cool and easy "up lighting" effect.
5. Make sure you save all the boxes and packaging. After your party, pack everything back up into the original boxes. There will be a pre-paid UPS return label in the box. Put the return label on the box, tape it up, and drop it off at a UPS store.
Make sure you drop everything off before the due date so you don't get charged any late fees.
Black light party ideas
Black lights can be a great effect for birthday party decorations, a dance club, quinceanera, school dance, or any event with a dance floor. They are especially popular around Halloween, be sure to put your reservation in early to guarantee availability.