How renting uplighting works
1. Select a light from the several different fixtures listed above. Then click "rent now" on the following page. You'll get a pop-up if you haven't started a quote yet which will ask you for the date of your party as well as how many you want to rent. This will check our inventory system and make sure we have them available. If the lights are available, a quote will be created for you. From your quote, you can add other types of event lights you might want to rent, or just click the "Make your reservation" button to continue.
2. Fill out the Rental Agreement and pay the deposit. The deposit amount depends on which of our professional event lighting fixtures you select to rent. It will tell you the deposit amount in the Payment Schedule section of the quote, and also on the Rental Agreement.
3. Lights are guaranteed to arrive at least 2 days prior to your event date. The shipping is always free.
4. Set them up at your event.
5. Make sure you save all the boxes and packaging. After your party, pack everything back up into the original boxes. There will be a pre-paid UPS return label in the box. Put the return label on the box, tape it up, and drop it off at a UPS store. Make sure you drop everything off before the due date so you don't get charged any late fees.
Tips to make event lighting rental easy
Lights look best when the room is dark. If you've got big windows with sunshine pouring in, its going to wash out the lights completely. Room needs to be dim for the lights to look their best.
15 ft power cables are included with each light (except the battery powered units). You can chain one light into the next so you only need 1 power outlet.
If you selected Wireless Uplights, the batteries can take up to 8 hours to charge. Budget ahead of time to make sure you have time to fully charge each light before your event. Standard 2 foot power cables are included as a backup in case the batteries run out, but 2 feet isn't going to get you very far and you paid extra for wireless, so make sure to set aside enough time in advance to charge them up.
You can mix and match lights which can save lots of money. So for example, you can get 10 wired lights plus 4 wireless lights for the areas with no power outlets nearby. That will save you $70 versus getting them all wireless!
If you need an exact number of lights for some reason, then we strongly recommend ordering 1 or 2 extra. If there is a problem with any of the lights you receive, we will absolutely give you a refund for it, however we do not send out replacement units.
Which light should you rent?
You want the cheapest but best light that will get the job done = Rent the Slim Par 56 lights
You want the most color options = Rent the Hex 3 lights
You want to control the lighting with your smart phone = Rent the Shadowbox lights
You have super high ceilings in your venue and you want the brightest lights (as a bonus you get more colors too!) = Rent the Slim Par 64 RGBA lights
You don't want to deal with cables = Rent Wireless Uplighting
Additional Uplighting ResourcesUplighting Color Guide
Par 64 Vs Par 56 [with photo]
Deciding between the Chauvet Slimpar 56 and the Hex 3?
Which light is the brightest?
DIY Uplighting created these great videos that show you how to setup the up lights, we highly recommend checking them out: How to setup Up Lighting Videos.